Thursday, November 05, 2009

Blog Warming Party

We are nearing the end of my first week of private blogging and I want to thank each of you for your willingness to follow me into this secret little club I've got going on here that requires a confession that you read my blog and the hassle of entering a password to see what I have to say. I was pretty surprised to receive 69 70 requests to keep reading and of those 61 of you have actually accepted my invitation! Hooray!

Not sure what is going on with those other 8 people. It sort of feels like an evite where you wonder why those 8 people can't even be bothered to open the dang invitation to see if they are interested! Except these people actually requested the invite! Except for my grandpa. My aunt requested it on his behalf and I am 99.9% positive he will never accept that invite. That's okay. I still love him. The invitation probably confused him anyway.

If you are wondering what other things blogger tells me in private mode, I will tell you - nothing. I don't know when you read or if you read after you accept your invite so don't worry if you come back obsessively (not even my mom does this) or if you check in once every couple of months, I will never know. I am slightly concerned about the 100 reader maximum capacity. What if 32 more people email me for invitations?

Right, I probably shouldn't worry about that.

Anyway, you are probably wondering about the title of this post since this doesn't look entirely festive right now. So here is the announcement: I'm throwing myself a blogwarming party! Yay! It will be an open house format so you can stop by the site any time Saturday or Sunday. I'll be baking some seasonal treats and pumpkin waffels and I may even share my butternut squash bisque recipe.

Don't worry about bringing a gift, your presence (by which I mean comments!) will be more than enough. But don't be surprised if I spruce the place up a bit and make a few changes, I want everything to look its best for the party. If you'd like I will give you a tour of the bathroom I redecorated over a year ago (or was that 2 years ago?) but never got around to showing off.

There may even be a raffle or two over the course of the party so watch for those. Oh, and a raffle means prizes. I'm not sure what prizes but I know this, you must be present (ahem, comment) to win.

And what is a party without music? Suggest a good background party song in the comments and I'll start putting a playlist together for the party (but I promise to never have music start automatically because that is just plain annoying!).

Oh, and speaking of music. Below I've played a little game I wanted to share - it is the soundtrack of my life according to my ipod nano on shuffle. I'm curious what the result would be if I used my full itunes library rather than the condensed version but I think this one works and I don't have any acid jazz, Christmas songs or random stuff people gave me that I am always shocked is in my library to mess it up. Try it, it's fun (I'm easily entertained). Consider this your first party game (unless you hate party games, then you can just concentrate on what you are going to wear to the party. But don't worry, the party is casual so don't agonize over it. Although casual always worries me more because I don't spend a lot of time in casual wear so I don't have a lot of go to casual outfits so I spend a lot of time trying things on and piling the rejected pieces on my bed. Shoot, now I have to figure out what to wear for the open house. Ugh. Maybe I'll just come as goth girl again.)

*********************************************************
Soundtrack of My Life
Here's how it works:

1. Open your music library

2. Put it on shuffle

3. Press play

4. For every question, type the song that's playing

5. When you go to a new question, press the next button

6. Don't lie


Opening Credits: You Make My Dreams, Hall & Oats [Awesome!]

First Day Of School: Tangerine, Led Zeppelin [I think this works well!]

Falling In Love: Love Rain, Jill Scott

Fight Song: Beautiful People, Rusted Root [really? for the fight song?]

Breaking Up: Scheherazade, Op. 36: The Tale of the Kalender Prince, Rimsky-Korsakov [pretty heart breaking actually]

Prom: Rainy Day, Guster [a bit sad for the prom but mine wasn't exactly the romantic sort]

Life's Ok: Lost Cause, Beck [ARGH! This is not a good fit]

Mental Breakdown: Elderly Woman Behind the Counter, Pearl Jam [maybe this should be switched with Lost Cause]

Driving: Mudfootball, Jack Johnson [not bad]

Flashback: Etude No. 2 in F Minor, Chopin [this is pretty fast so it would work if I'm having a jumbled flashback I guess]

Getting Back Together: Clocks, Coldplay [meh, I'm not really into Coldplay and I think this is one of only 2 songs of theirs I own]

Wedding: Ten Dollar High, Medeski, Martin & Wood [hmmm, not really wedding-ish or danceable exactly but it is upbeat and not depressing, so that's good]

Birth Of A Child: Tchfunkta, Charlie Hunter [looks like I will be having a very funky kid, awesome song, odd fit]

Final Battle: Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in G major, III: Presto, Prokofiev [good fit]

Death Scene: Light My Fire, The Doors [not really what I would picture but it could be worse]

Funeral Song: Ruby, Kaiser Chiefs [hmmm, a bit to upbeat and odd to be singing someone else's name at my funeral]

End Credits: Mathis der Maler: I Engelkonzert, Hindemith [I would switch this with the funeral song because it would make a great one]

See everyone at the open house!!!

p.s. I like plants . . . but of course, don't feel obligated to bring anything.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your kid is going to get teased a lot in school. You might consider homeschooling.

Great party! Where do you want me to put this ficus tree?

Soul-Fusion said...

Yay! I've always wanted a ficus Tiffany! And I don't think I have to name my kid after the song, do I? Because I don't know how to pronounce Tchfunkta without sounding like I just got punched in the stomach.

KimcheeMandoo said...

This is from my "old" ipod. I'm going to skip the Korean songs. This is fun, Lyss!

Opening Credits: Scenario, A Tribe Called Quest

First Day Of School: We Belong, Pat Benatar

Falling In Love: Hold On, En Vogue

Fight Song: Ruins, Melissa Etheridge

Breaking Up: Rhymes and Ammo, The Roots

Prom: She, Elvis Costello

Life's Ok: Shiver, Maroon 5

Mental Breakdown: Trouble Man, Marvin Gaye

Driving: Hello, Goodbye, Beatles

Flashback: The Christmas Song, Josh Groban (for a heathen, I LOVE Christmas songs!!!)

Getting Back Together: My Philosophy, KRS One & BDP

Wedding: Break You Off, The Roots (Your Precious Love by Marvin Gaye was my wedding song)

Birth Of A Child: Wonderwall, Oasis

Final Battle: Positivity, Black Eyed Peas (without Fergie)

Death Scene: People are People, Depeche Mode

Funeral Song: Tourniquet, Evanescence (I think anything by Evanescence evokes images of a funeral)

End Credits: Where Were You When I Need You, Bangles (oh, sad...)

lemoniepants said...

pretend i am giving you a large peace lily to celebrate.

thanks for the blogging idea. totally doing it right NOW!

Related Posts with Thumbnails