Saturday, November 07, 2009

Bathroom Makeover

Do you ever take photos with the intent of using them for a blog? But then you never get around to writing the post. Or is that just me? A couple of years ago (that's right a couple of years!), I documented the redecorating process of my bathroom. Not the most exciting thing but since the photos have been lying around for a while, I thought I'd share.

Welcome to the open house! While you are here, you might need to use the facilities so I thought I'd give you a tour. I like decorating the bathroom because you can re-do it fairly easily (no heavy furniture to heft around) and relatively inexpensively (although linens and even shower curtains can be pricey so I suggest watching for sales).

Speaking of decorating, yes, I did change things up around here a bit. Thanks for noticing. I love the old design which was done by my good friend Emily but going into the cooler months I decided I needed something a little less spring-like. 

When I got my first apartment that was all my own when I graduated from law school, I didn't have a lot of money for decorating after I bought the basics (a bed, dresser and couch) so I focused on the bathroom. I have no idea why I remember picking out that shower curtain so vividly but I was really happy with it for several years.


But after over six years with the same bathroom decor (re-worked in 4 different apartments), I was ready for something different. Something a bit more bold. So I searched high and low for a shower curtain that spoke to me. I found this one in a local store in my neighborhood and the super fuzzy rug was a find at Macy's, which is also where I bought new towels. And can I just recommend Macy's Hotel Collection linens if you are in the market? After two years of frequent use, those towels still feel plush and soft - as does the rug. I'm also a big fan of their sheets. And Macy's has lots of sales so don't ever pay full price!


By the way, have you entered the raffle yet? Did you know all you have to do is comment on any of the posts this weekend and you are entered to win?

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I really like the turquoise and brown together. The shower curtain is great too!!

Kelly

Tiffany said...

Love the bathroom! And is that a Billy Collins book I spy?

Customer Support said...

Love the new look!

Artax said...

Bathroom looks great. I, too, find happiness in the perfect shower curtain. I am still looking for it for this house. But at your recommendation, I will try Macy's.

KimmyGoat said...

I love redecorating the bathroom - so quick, so easy! All it really takes is a new curtain, and SHAZAM! New room.

Jessica said...

Redecorating is awesome! Your bath looks great. I really like the colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails