Friday, October 23, 2009

Important Announcement

This is a hard post to write. You see, I have some bad news. Actually, it isn't bad news, just a sad bi-product of a pretty momentous decision I've made.

I have decided to pursue a professional opportunity that dictates I keep a lower public profile than is possible while blogging. As a result, I have come to the very difficult decision that I need to take my blog private. Believe me, this is not something I am very happy about (the private thing, not the professional opportunity part). If things work out, the private blog thing will be permanent. If this new opportunity does not work, well, I'll come out from behind the password protected curtain to ramble on about my baking adventures, vacation adventures and, of course, my divorce, once I've recovered from the disappointment about not getting this long shot of a professional opportunity I am pursuing (and sorry, no, I can't tell you what it is).

If you want to continue reading (and I hope you do!), please email me at soulfusion10019 at gmail dot com for an invitation. You do not have to know me in real life to get an invite to the private blog. You do not have to be a frequent or even infrequent commenter to continue reading. You do, however, have to prove that you are a real person by sending me a working email address, put together a coherent email that does not come across as a spambot trying to lure me to a virus infested website and for my entertainment, let me know how you stumbled onto my blog in the first place.

In an effort to make private blogging less of an irritation, I have created a new blog that will remain public.  The new blog can be found here and should be easy to remember since it is a slight variation of the current address - www.10019publicmusings.blogspot.com.  Since Reader and other RSS feeds do not pick up private blogs, I find I rarely or never check them and I suspect you are probably the same. So, the plan is this: each time I post something here (on the private blog), I will add a post to the public blog with a link to the private post. The public blog will not have anything of substance on it, just links to the posts on the private blog.

The idea is for you to add the new blog (www.10019publicmusings.blogspot.com) to your RSS feed so you still get notification of when I post new material. You will have to click through and sign in to the private blog but at least you will know when there is new material without having to compulsively check on your own and get irritated at seeing the same old post at the top when I go a few days without writing.

The change will take place on November 1st so please leave a comment and/or send me an email to let me know if you want to continue reading before October 31st so I don't lose you. Because, my dear readers, I treasure each of you and will really feel bad if I lose you forever in this process. 

Before I head on over to the private side of blogging, I will try and get another segment of the divorce posted for you since I know that is pretty much everyone's favorite thing to read around here.

And please, feel free to come out of hiding if you are a never commented lurker, I am not paranoid here and I have no problem with strangers reading my blog, I just have to be a little more incognito on the internet than I have been. I hope you all continue to follow me! Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

lizzie said...

ooh, me first, please. thanks. and i hope the career opportunity goes well.

michele said...

yeah, when do we find out about your career opportunity?

Tiffany said...

I'm sure this was hard to write, but I'm very excited for you! Plus, I think you've come up with an INGENIOUS way to work around the private blog thing. BRAVO! I wish everyone who has a private blog would do this!

trpultra said...

What a great adventure you are embarking. I agree, this is a wonderful way around the private blog issue!

Beck said...

Aw. But your new opportunity sounds EXCITING!
I'd love to keep reading you - please send me an invite!

Anonymous said...

Bummer. I'm not sure I'm ready to out myself to you... not that you even have a remote chance of knowing me in person anyway...

I've asked some tough questions on here and, while you haven't always answered them, you accepted them graciously as valid.

I'll hang out in the meantime. I'm so enthralled by your divorce story that I might just have to sign up when the next installment arrives...

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for the sake of that exact make. The prices seeking the sneakers were about 250 bucks on every site. But finally I set this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking for that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 200 bucks everwhere. But completely I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails