Friday, October 30, 2009

farewell free to all comers bloggerhood

I've been sitting and staring at this blank screen for a while waiting for inspiration. Instead I get a little vertical line taunting me with its blinks. I want to leave those who aren't following me into the private side of blogging with a smattering of memorable and eloquent words by which to remember me fondly. Words which will adequately express my gratitude for all the encouraging comments I've received over the last few years - especially when it comes to encouraging me to continue to write my divorce story. Words which will capture the crazy feeling that occurs when you make a new friend over the internet - someone you have never met, someone you may never meet, someone whose life is completely different than your own (and somehow it isn't creepy). Words which will inspire those of you reading who have not yet emailed me for a private invite to just get on it already and email me because tomorrow is the last day to read without a password.

Clearly I cannot find the proper words.

So I'll just ramble for a bit instead.

Blogging has been an unexpected gift that has allowed me to return to writing in a way I never would have done without it. Sure, I would have written some of the silly thoughts and stories and observations I've posted in emails to friends, in journals I keep or on notes passed in the hallway . . . er, I guess I stopped doing that a long time ago. But without blogging I never would have found the discipline to sit down and write out one of the most painful and life altering experiences of my life. It is an opportunity to reflect on my own experience and improve my writing skills with the surprising side-effect of people actually wanting to read it! I would say this is a creative outlet but it feels like so much more. The encouragement I receive to keep writing in comments and emails both humbles and emboldens me.

Thank you everyone for your emails over the last week requesting an invite. I haven't screened anyone out yet (my strict security check is rigorous) so if you have felt shy or you are not sure you want to out yourself to me or maybe you are just assuming I will send you an invite unsolicited, I say just email me. What have you got to lose?

The invitiations will be sent once I make the private transition which will be sometime over the weekend. I hope to see you on the other side!

1 comment:

Travelin'Oma said...

I have been so impressed with your writing. You express yourself well. Thanks for sharing it with the blog world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails