Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall Holiday Recipes

This past weekend I made soup. A really delicious soup that I want to share with you. However, my computer freaked out when I was uploading the photos so that post has to wait. But in the meantime, forgive the reruns but with various holidays approaching I thought I would remind you of a few of my favorite fall recipes.

First up, what could be more more fall than pumpkin? I love pumpkin waffels, pancakes, cookies and, of course cupcakes! To witness one of my baking tragedies and discover a fantastic pumpkin cupcake recipe topped with chocolate ganache and ginger whipped cream, click here.
If sugar cookies are what you are craving for any of the upcoming holidays - but especially in ghost, pumpkin and witch hat shapes, click here, but don't forget the step-by-step recipe instructions and tips are found here in their Christmas attire.Do falling leaves, locally harvested apples at the farmer's market and chilly temperatures make you crave pie? Or is that just me? For a delicious twist on the traditional apple pie, click here.

And what about Thanksgiving? In charge of the turkey at this year's Thanksgiving feast? Have no fear, after three successful birds, I feel confident in saying I have stumbled onto a no-fail-never-dry recipe. If you are still scared, I will baby-step you through the process. Check it out here.

Another tasty fall - or anytime - recipe is banana bread. It seems everyone has a favorite go-to recipe but if you are in the market for a new one, might I suggest this one? It freezes well and makes for a great gift or tasty treat for your self.

If overnight guests are on your holiday agenda then you will need more than cookies and turkey to keep them satsified - they might want breakfast too! Try serving them these maple oatmeal scones (and see how I cope with shattering a bottle of vanilla in my kitchen prior to entertaining). Or take the easy (and healthy!) route and make some steel-cut oatmeal in your slow cooker the night before so your guests (or you!) wake up to a hot breakfast that is ready to serve.
Of course, quiche is good any time of year, right? You can try my recipe by clicking here.

And just a quick reminder to those of you who have not yet sent me an email (soulfusion10019 at gmail dot com), you have until October 31st to request an invitation to my private blog. Don't be shy. I've been surprised by all the emails I have received - the majority of whom I have never met and rarely comment. This is the perfect time to take a deep breath and de-lurk before I disappear. Thanks for understanding!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Love it, love it, love it... Thanks Alyssa!

Jessica said...

I need (yes NEEED) the link for the steel cut oats. I hope I didn't just miss it.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails