Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Take a Hike

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, this past weekend I experienced a first - my first hike on the Appalachian Trail. The portion of the trail I tried out was only a couple of hours north of the City by car with the option of getting there by train. I had read that it was possible to access it by train before but was always a little nervous about checking it out on my own. But now - now that I have been there, I will definitely be going back for more. We are just at the beginning of the fall colors and I look forward to seeing more.

I wasn't paying enough attention to the time and pace to come up with a proper estimate of our mileage - I guessed around 8-10 and the trip leader guessed on the higher end of 10-12 miles. Ultimately we agreed to call it 10.2 miles. The scenery was so stunning, I took a lot of photos. Enough, in fact, to create a virtual hike I want to share with all of you. So pull on your hiking shoes, dress in layers because the temperature will vary and don't forget some rain gear - because you will be sure to see a lot of rain. Don't worry about lunch, I made plenty for everyone and I never hike without a tasty homemade trail mix. Enjoy.

3 comments:

michele said...

wow so pretty! thanks for the pictures, i feel like i was there.

Tiffany said...

That was gorgeous. I feel cleansed. The pictures of the blueberries and the giant bubble (what the?) really got me!

Soul-Fusion said...

Tiff - the berries are blue but not blueberries. If anyone can identify them, I will send you a prize because there has been a great debate among the hikers over their supposed toxicity.
And the bubbles . . . they were introduced by one of the hikers who brought along a giant bubble sword.

Related Posts with Thumbnails