Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm back . . .

but I can't say that I'm happy about it. I mean, wouldn't you be reluctant to leave a place as beautiful as this:
And that was just the beginning. I spent four days on the Green River and that was just not enough time - the above photo is right after the put-in at the entrance to the Gates of Lodore. Gorgeous weather and stunning views.

I conquered my fear of kayaking through rapids - and fell in love with the river.
I also took time to notice the smaller beauties.
And enjoyed a pretty phenomenal hike with some fantastic new friends.
Obviously I have a lot more to say - and a lot more photos to share - about this little trip so stay tuned. For now, just know that while I may be physically back in NYC, I left my heart out in the desert in a little inflatable kayak on the Green River.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful!

the swope family said...

Looks amazing!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous photos! Glad/sorry you're back! ;)

KimcheeMandoo said...

how beautiful! love the last photo

Related Posts with Thumbnails