Saturday, June 27, 2009

Malcolm aka The Diggity


Malcolm Xavier
~April 15, 1996 - June 27, 2009

Farewell mon petit chiot.

I loved you from the instant I met you when you placed your long nose on my lap and looked up at me so intently with those eyes that said "I'm yours." There is so much I want to say about your life, your vibrancy, your sweetness, your longing to please and sometimes your deviousness. Your capacity for empathy is unmatched as is your unconditional love. I have a notebook full of anecdotes and tidbits of your life that I have jotted down as you grew older but right now all I can say is that I love you and miss you and no matter how far away I moved, you have always been so very close to my heart for getting me through the roughest time of my life. You will continue to remain with me always.

Until we meet again I hope you have plenty of meadows to run through, sheep to corral, moose to flush from the willows, frisbees to catch, bones to devour, lakes to swim in and most of all - heaps and heaps of spaghetti.

11 comments:

Ma said...

Malcolm missed you and was always so excited when you came home. We will all miss him a lot.

Dad said...

Malcolm was a really good friend and companion and I will really miss him, too. I will never forget the sight of him running through an open field or the shallows of a lake chasing the frisbee or some birds. He was always so full of joy and happiness, it was almost impossible to be in a bad mood when with him. He and I had a wonderful relationship and it was so hard to see him fading at the end. He still wanted to do what he had always done, but could no longer do. I can relate to that in my stage of life as well.

Beck said...

Aw. I'm sorry. He looks like a good dog.

Emily said...

I'm so, so sorry, Alyssa. My heart goes out to you. He looks like a grand old dog who lived a long, good life.

autumn said...

I'm so sorry. I think losing a pet is so sad. I'm sorry.

Sharon said...

I am so sad to see him gone. I will really miss him. I have the painting of Malcolm and Alyssa that Erin did that was made by her for grandma and grandpa. It is hanging in my new bedroom in St. George. I put it up the day I moved in because it has so many good memories. Thank you Erin and Alyssa!

michele said...

sorry to hear about malcolm. he was a sweet dog. hope he's having fun with paco and zurnkey.

alison said...

I'm so so sorry Alyssa. I know how much you loved him and that you had been worried about this for a while. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to see him one last time in SLC this coming week. I'll be thinking of you.

lizzie said...

oh, this makes me so sad! my sincerest condolenses. he was such a great dog!

Tiffany said...

My heart just broke in two for you! I'm so sorry, but relieved for his release from pain. I'm truly so sorry and will think of you. Come and hold Lucy if you need. XO

hovergirl said...

Oh so sad! I am so sorry to hear it, my friend. He was so sweet and wise in some way- a very evolved dog. Thinking of you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails