Friday, June 19, 2009

a few of my obsessions

Since I went and mocked a variety of cultural items that I just don't get, I figured it is only fair that I throw out a few of my own obsessions and own up to them.

  • So You Think You Can Dance
  • Top Chef
  • Chop't Salads
  • chocolate
  • cupcakes
  • gofugyourself
  • Coach purses (the kind that do not have tacky logos stamped all over the outside)
  • Banana Republic
  • pilates
  • Mad Men
  • moleskin notebooks
  • my blackberry
  • not using grocery store bags
  • blogging . . . duh!
  • running
  • nike plus
  • Greek yogurt
  • shoes
  • hummus
  • Target
  • recycling
  • sushi
  • Cafe Rio
  • Costco
  • MoMA
  • Guitar Hero
  • photographing everything on vacation - including the food
  • Utah Jazz
  • traveling
  • Macbook
  • baby carrots
  • Vosges chocolates
  • online shopping
  • google reader
  • Marc Bittman's blog
  • Cole Haan's Nike Air shoes
  • The Real Housewives of Orange County and New York . . . but not New Jersey
  • peanut butter
  • blog comments (I try not to obsess but I really love them!)
  • farmer's market
  • Whole Foods
  • pedicures
  • Mexican food
  • Thai food
  • uniball pens
  • Beyonce's Single Ladies

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Amen to: SYTYCD, Top Chef, Pilates, blogging, hummus, Target, sushi, Costco, Real Housewives of everything but Jersey (ew, or Atlanta!).

I am obsessed too.

Loved this post.

michele said...

yeah, i don't get the dance show, but i have never really seen it so i guess i can't judge. never seen the real housewives either. and sushi? do people really like it because it's good or because it's cool? i can accept your other obsessions though. we can still be friends. we'll go eat mexican food, then play guitar hero. or go on a trip.

alison said...

I love almost all of those things, except pilates and I way prefer just salad to chop't. Just salad, oh how i miss thee.

Once you've had greek yogurt you can never go back! I have it almost every morning on eggo nutrigrain waffles (don't knock it until you've tried it).

Have you tried the bacon vosges chocolate? I had a bite and it tasted like... bacon. It was weird. Once was enough.

I just noticed that all your favorites I chose to comment on were food related! Ha!

Miss you! Have a great BIRTHDAY weekend!

Kami said...

Ha! I love your list. I also love not using plastic bags/SYTYCD... A lot of others too. I am on a trip right now, and I'm bummed I didn't take pictures of the amazing food. Funny... Us bloggers. ;)

Artax said...

All OK except the baby carrots. Yuck. And maybe the running. But otherwise, fine. How do you avoid those produce grocery bags? I keep collecting those in spite of my desires not to.

Mary said...

I just did a story on grocery bags for my radio station (hard hitting news, oh yes.) My interviewee said you can re-use and reycle those plastic bags, but every store is really pushing the reusable canvas totes. I've always thought it was just another way they were trying to get my money.

Anyhoo. Amen to SYTYCD, shoes, Target, Chocolate, MoMA, Costco (The Kirkland Temple!), Utah Jazz, and traveling. Fun posts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails