Wednesday, January 07, 2009

a few items of business

  1. yes, I am home and anxious to tell you all kinds of fun-filled stories and share incredible photos, but . . .
  2. I am also back at work today and somehow there is a lot to do here as well, and . . .
  3. I took over 1,800 photos. No typo there, I took OVER 1800 photos. I will not subject you to all of them so it will take me some time to cull through them, delete the blurry ones and the duplicates and the ugly ones and all those photos of every meal we ate . . . you don't need to see all of those because we really only had two choices: meat and potatoes or pizza. Not to mention all the photos my sister took. And the videos.
  4. I may or may not have got my wish and brought a souvenier worm home with me. I lost three pounds but trust me when I tell you there are better ways to lose weight. Especially when you are traveling for close to 36 hours straight. I will spare you the gory details. I fear my digestive track may never be the same.
  5. someone asked if the divorce saga was over . . . not even close but I have clearly been occupied with my travels. Don't worry, I will return to writing soon.
  6. YEAH UTES! I cannot beleive I missed that game! I was wearing my Ute hat (to hide from the world during my bubonic plague episode) when we came through customs in Atlanta. I was exhausted and very, very sick. We were at the last customs check point where we had all of our luggage piled on a cart and had to hand over our passports and forms to the agent. I was not thinking of the hat and the agent got all excited and said "Utes - national champions!" I managed a weak smile and eye contact as the other agent said something about "you guys don't need Urban!" I think I responded but can't be sure. Funny thing is, they didn't glance at our passports or our forms as we exchanged a "down with the BCS" farewell.
  7. The Amazon jungle is unbelievably amazing. I think the word amazing must be derived from the Amazon.
  8. I cannot begin to describe how unbelievable Machu Piccu was. I highly, highly recommend finding your way there one day.
  9. Lima is as skipable as everyone claims it is. We saw two movies there: Australia and Four Christmases. The former was far too long and the latter was terrible.
  10. Happy New Year! Hopefully I will be back in the swing of things with show and tell travelogue soon.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad you're back safe and sound. Looking forward to hearing/seeing more, even if I am still a little jealous of the tapeworm...

superior said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger said...

+$3,624 profit last week!

Get 5 Star verified winning bets on NFL, NBA, MLB & NHL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals...

Related Posts with Thumbnails