Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Merry

[this is a photo from Christmas a couple of years ago - I'm decked out in my Christmas pjs and my sweet dog Malcolm is sporting his jingle bells. He loves being the "jingle dog" for the holidays. And this is probably my favorite picture of th two of us as he is actually looking directly at the camera!]
Whatever you are celebrating this week - Hanukkah, Christmas, Boxing Day, days getting longer (Hooray! We're over the winter solstice hump!), a day or two off work, end of the year, etc. - please accept this meager offering as my fondest well wishes for the season and a giant thank you for reading my blog despite my erratic posting habits. My work list of things to do is still quite lengthy - okay, there are only two tasks but both are time consuming! - and my prepare for Christmas list still has some odds and ends to fill out (including wrapping) and I also still have one or two things to do to prep for my trip to Peru on Friday . . . but, that being said, I know it will all come together. I suddenly feel I can see an end and it involves me wearing pajamas and spending time with good friends who are willing to adopt me for Christmas even as I miss my family who feels very far away right now.

I don't know if I will get a chance to post again before I leave for Peru on Friday despite my desire to write a thoughtful post on childhood Christmas memories. So, if I don't talk to you before I leave, I will be back in the country on January 6th. Feel free to leave me love notes in my absence by way of comments.

Merry Christmas
and
Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

And to you too! See you soon!

KimmyGoat said...

Merry Christmas, my blogging friend! I look forward to reading of your Peruvian exploits!

Vanessa The Scientist said...

Have a great Christmas! I've been enjoying your blogging all year. I'm glad that I was pushed out of the woodwork and now we're E-friends!

Can't wait to hear about your big adventure. Have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails