Monday, November 10, 2008

Celebrate love, celebrate life, celebrate . . . NOG!

For the uninitiated, both the title of this post and all of the content below is stolen copied directly from my brother's annual "Nogmail". The photo above is mine. Taken with my cell phone on October 12th in a Sandy, Utah Harmon's grocery store. I had to share the early sighting of nog with my brother . . . and point out the festive flavor. Friends and family alike enjoy ushering in the holiday season with Nick's annual tribute to all things nog. You can see past nogmail posts here and here. But the tradition goes back at least 5 years I think. I must apologize for any of my readers who may have been waiting for the annual nogmail, while Nick circulated it in the early morning hours of November 1st (Nog Day), it has taken me 10 days to get around to posting it for your reading pleasure. So, without further adieu, I give you NOG!

Oh noggy! You came and you brought me deliciousness. You brought me revelry. You brought me festiveness. You brought me sound monetary policy. Each Halloween my thoughts turn to nog in all its blessed carnations. As always this is the time of year to celebrate some of the lesser known and least popular versions. Egg's dominance in our collective consciousness need not lead us to overlook his lesser known brethren. Join with me, in the spirit of the season.
Let's celebrate Nog! In the immortal words of Foreigner --Just a small town nog/Living in a lonely world/ She took the midnight train going anywhere/ Just a city boy/born and raised in South Detroit/ he took the train going any where/ A nogger in a smokey room/ the smell of wine and cheap perfume/ For a smile, they can share the night, it goes on and on and on and on --
It's time to experience NOG! Viva la Nog!
root nog
celery nog
beef nog
chicken nog
don't forget soy nog for the vegans (no animals were killed, maimed, ridiculed, mocked, taste-tested, joy ridden, developed, forgotten, or enslaved in this nog)
Cooooooooooooooooooooo-ley nog
Bruce nog
almond nog
a-mond nog (Nothern Calif exclusively)
online nog
inline nog
cut-in line nog
soda nog
lime rickey nog
grape soda nog
grape-a-licious nog
juice-a-rific nog
bluecross/blueshield nog
fogettaboutit nog
does this look like your parking spot nog
I can't feel my feet anymore nog
pepper-jack nog
ranch nog (has bits of corn, gravy, and mashed potatoes mixed in it--aka Nog For My Father)
fusion nog (some kind of a blend of Chinese/Carribean/French nog)
jujji fruit nog
Buffalo Nog
Bison Nog
French Poodle Nog
surrey with a nog on top
Old Nog
Sticky Nog
black-eye nog
dance of the sugar nog fairy
St. Elsewhere's Nog
Coppa Ca-Nog-a (the hottest nog north of Havana)
Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabbadoo Nog (that's the worst nog I've ever heard Homer)
Nogger
neener-neener-nog
Jimmy likes Nog, Jimmy could really go for a Nog, cause Jimmy loves Nog Nog
Repeating nog
Repeating Nog
Martin van Buren's Private Reserve Nog
Nog Cabin
Nogfeasor
Nogalicous
Nogtastic
Winder Dairy Nog
ol' nog
Jell-O surprise nog
sine qua nog
And you don't quit nog
gone nog
race car nog
madam I'm Adam nog
go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog nog
The Palindrome Collection nog
Bruised, battered and nogged nog
Hot Dog Medallion Nog
Ich Bein Nogliner
Wal-Nog
Nogfare for the Common Man
Log Nog (what rolls down stairs rollover in pair, rolls over your neighbors dog/what's great for a snack and fits on your back....it's nog, nog, nog)
nogbo
hobo nog
oboe nog
lobo nog
lupine nog
lupus nog
dufus nog
Hip Nog
Nog hop
Bohemian Nog
WASP Nog
athlete's nog
girly nog
manly nog
freaky nog
stuffy nog
prissy nog
stinky nog
stank--eee nog
naz-tee nog
Corn Baller Nog
Drippy Nog
Pit Stain Nog
We have to name our firstborn child Murphy because that was Robocop's name nog
Shrute Beet Nog
Coursing through my veins nog
Low Voltage nog
Dander Nog
Dandy Nog
Denny's Nog
Danny's Song Nog
Immigrant Song Nog
St. John's nog
get off your nog and jam
tired nog
sick nog
sick and tired nog
Wan' somma your Brown Su-gar Nog
Billy's bathtub nog
Soldier of Nog
Madnog
Maddog Nog
Dog Nog
Dog Mad Nog
res ipsa noguitor (the thing speaks for the nog)
Uncle Stinky's Nogcar
Frankly I don't give a Nog
Irkel Nog
Irkel Bot Nog
Boardbot Nog
Malfunctioning Nog
Kill Mode Nog
Axle Foley NogVermont Teddy Nog
Pennsylvania Dutch Nog
Converted Nog
ALL CAPS NOG
Turnip Truck Nog
Move-on.nog
Capitol Nog
Capital Nog
Nog on a Plane
Milquetoast Nog
Lost City of Nog
Hands on a Hard Nog
Extra Elbow Room NogCrowdingOutNog
Contract with America Nog
go fug your nog
freeze dried nog
Clutch Nog
After the nog is gone
Low Birth-weight Nog
Electric Light Orchestra Nog
Now open your eyes and see what we have made is real, we are in Xanadu Nog
Walker Texas Nogger
Chuck Noggis
Burning Hunk of Nog
split pea nog
still legal in 8 states nog
Sitting on the Dock of the Nog
sold separately nog
What the dealy-o nog?
Brendon Frazier Nog
Hydrogen Powered Nog
Alternative Nog Power
The longest nog
High as a Georgia Nog
waltzing Ma-nog-a
onion Nog
garlic nog
onion and garlic nog
Sweet Nog Alabama
Breakfast at Nog-iffy's
Nogwork Orange
Nog-22
Black Nog (cause he's got a plan to stick it to the man)
Dill sauce nog
US District Nog
Nog-Shake
Nog-twist
Who told you to put the nog on? I didn't tell you to put the nog on. You never know what a nogs gonna do! Nog
The Nogtation
The Last Nog You Will Ever See
Non-threatening Nog
Terrified Nog
Tubular Nog
Titillating nog
Beaten Nog
Sorbet Nog
Sore Bay Nog
Soar Bay Nog
Michael Bey Nog
Unnecessary Explosion Nog
Unnecessary Roughness Nog
Necessary Roughness Nog
Scott Bakula's Super Happy Good Times Nog
Quantum Leap Nog
Quantum Meruit Nog
More than he deserves Nog
Afternog Delight
The Final Nog-Down
Nogner's "The Nog Cycle"
Nogburg
Andrew Todd Keller's Masterpiece Zoo Animals On Nog
Noggin jiggy wid it
Forever in Nog
Slightly Sloppy Nog
Sloppy Nog
Too sloppy Nog
Home Depot Nog
D.B. Nogger
Craig T. Nog-son
Pink Nog
Fuschia Nog
ROYGBIV Nog
K-Nog
Elbow Nog
Nogzilla
The Truly Joyous Nog
Rocket Fuel Malt Nog
Amplified Nog
Coming to you live from station W-E-N-O-G, better known as WeNog, or deeper still the Mother Nog connection, coming directly from the Mothership. 500 Hundred Kilowatts of P-Nog power.
Tang Tang Nog
Since you been Nog
Skip To My Nog
Fried Green Nog
Tyrant Nog
Tyra Nog
Somebody Stop Tyra Nog
Uncle Jessie's Mullet Nog
Duke Boys Nog
Just the Good Ol' Boys Nog
Past the Tipping Point Nog
Clang Clang Clang with the Nog
Joyful Nog
Snak King Cheese Puffs Nog
Earth, Wind, and Nog
Yeah, I had to pay for it, Nog
Uncle Wiggly's Secret Stash Nog
I'll be Nog for Christmas



Happy Holidays!
St. Nick

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think ALL CAPS NOG is my favorite this year.

Palin Nog is new this season, but it kind of makes me gag.

Soul-Fusion said...

yeah, I really liked Move-on.nog (another political addition).

Jen said...

Nog, nog, noggin' on heaven's door

*MARY* said...

I saw nog in the stores the first week in October. Has anyone tried the pumpkin spice nog? I almost buy it every time I go to the store but then I chicken out nog.

hovergirl said...

Matt actually drinks the Silk soy nog, which we lovingly call Snog.

Vanessa The Scientist said...

This is the best post that I've seen all week. That is alot of nods to nog. LOVE the Log Nog, you know I do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails