Saturday, November 22, 2008

About that List . . .

I was making good progress on the list. Yesterday I ran some errands at lunch, made an appointment to get my shots for Peru, sent my sister a reminder to do the same, my groceries were all ordered, developed back up plan for the the BIG GAME and worked until midnight last night to keep my weekend free. When I got home last night I walked into a clean house because I had remembered to call the cleaning service and first thing this morning my groceries were delivered. I was off to a good start until . . . 
I was rearranging the cupboards a bit to make room for the extra baking supplies I had picked up and was trying to decide if I have time to make pie crust and climb the stairs to the roof when disaster struck:
I don't think I need to explain too much. Apparently in my rearranging of my highest shelf, I knocked a jar of spaghetti sauce the 6 to 7 feet to the tile floor. 
On the plus side, at least it didn't hit me on its way down.
Turns out, I didn't have time to make pie crust or run up the stairs. I spent the next hour scrubbing my freshly cleaned kitchen.
At least it is now, once again, clean. And tomatoey/oliveish mixed with Mrs Myers lemon verbena spray smelling. Now I have to get ready to run some errands. I have a brunch appointment in less than an hour, still need to tame my eyebrows, pick up some prescriptions and grab a few odds and ends my online grocer didn't have. Hope your weekend started a bit better than mine did!

6 comments:

michele said...

sorry, good job cleaning it up though.

Tiffany said...

Ugh. (The expression, not the boots.)

I hate stuff like that.

mickey said...

when life deals you lemons you seem to make really good lemonade. could i have some?

Thad said...

So was your first thought, "I need to grab my camera."?
If so, I think it would make the list of "You know you're a blogger when..."

Soul-Fusion said...

HA! No. I probably should not type my first thought. When I climbed down from the step ladder I just stared at it for a while trying to figure out where to start to clean it up. My camera was sitting on the kitchen counter so it seemed easier to start by taking photos so I could showcase my misery.

Vanessa The Scientist said...

SUCK! Seriously.

I would've probably left it there until I came back from Peru. But that's just me - Captain Procrastination.

Related Posts with Thumbnails