Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Q&A

Over the last several months of writing my divorce saga, I have had questions pop up in the comments from time to time. Unfortunately, I haven't always taken the time to answer those questions. Often I am just not sure where to put my answers - in the comments, in a new post, in an email to the commenter? So, for a limited time only, I am opening up the comments section to questions to which I will respond in a very special Answers post. Okay, I don't think it will be "very special", that just came out. But I will answer all questions. And if you have previously asked a question that has gone unanswered, you can either leave it again if you are afraid I will miss it or rely on me digging through comments to find it. Your choice. I don't want to make you repeat yourself, but otherwise you are relying on my gmail inbox search for comments. Just a warning.

I don't really have any rules for this little endeavor. Your questions do not have to be confined to my divorce story, it just seems that is where questions tend to pop up and otherwise I feel rather dull. I will answer most anything else you want as well . . . within reason, I guess.

You have a week to ask questions - that means get them in by noon (EST) on Tuesday, October 14th. I will respond sometime soonish after that.

9 comments:

Thad said...

I haven't asked a question previously (at least that I remember), but, I do wonder if your marriage and subsequent divorce soured you on the idea of being married? Having a very good marriage myself, for over 15 years now, I often wonder this about single people who have had a bad experience with men or women/marriage.

Parker said...

What is your ex-husband doing now? And I know your story is done yet (as of the last installment you are still married) but I am interested in how you got from the divorce to law school and new york city.

emily said...

Can I spoil Parker's answer? Think Walmart...

Shannon said...

I asked this in a comment on your last installment:

I was wondering if your ex knows about your blog, and if so, are you at all concerned about the ramifications of telling your story in such a public way? Is he the type to try to get revenge?

And let me just say again--this is in no way a criticism of your approach to telling your story. I think you're fabulous. I've just had my own unfortunate bad experiences with some online stuff . . .

Misty Fowler said...

I really can't wait for the rest of your story. Well, I can, because I have to.

Anyway, your story has given me a lot of strength with related things going on in my life. And I'm wondering...have you considered compiling your story, after you've finished the last installment, and publishing it? Of course, I can only guess at the end, but I think that it could do a lot of good for other women out there who put up with things they shouldn't from guys.

I guess I don't so much need a reply to me, but I do hope you'll consider it.

Anonymous said...

Does your ex know you are a succesful attorney in New York while he is a loser working at Walmart? Ha ha.

Jen S.

Anonymous said...

How has your experience effected your view/attitude of the LDS Church? Or did it effect it at all?

Anonymous said...

Have you had significant, long-term relationships after the divorce?

(Very personal, I know...) Was your marriage the only context in which you have experienced sex?

Don't know how I got to that question exactly, but even after re-reading it still seems pertinent.

Jen said...

Where did you go to law school, and how did you choose your school? Did you know what kind of law you wanted to practice, or did you "fall into" your practice area through a job or clerkship?

Just curious. I always planned to be a patent lawyer, since my background is microbiology, but I still kept an open mind in law school, in case I found something I liked more. I didn't. Now I'm a patent lawyer, and I love it.

My other question has already been asked... where's your ex now... I gather he's rolling back the prices?

Related Posts with Thumbnails