Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

Happy Birthday Dad!!! I am sorry I wasn't able to catch up with you today. I hope Madam Butterfly is worth missing a phone call from me. Here are a few things that always make me think of you, in no particular order:
  • camping 
  • corn with mashed potatoes - ew, but totally you
  • darn fresh corn
  • creamies
  • the cello - I already know you will haunt me after you are gone through Bach's unaccompanied cello concertos
  • chocolate cake donuts
  • the van
  • math lectures 
  • electronics and gadgets
  • Mulboon's giant shrimp bowl
  • kiwi fruit
  • overpacking, err I mean overprepardness (I give you a hard time because I have inherited this trait)
  • "way cool"
  • German Shepherds
  • red pen editing
  • "LINE UP!"
  • Janie's Got a Gun . . . I don't think many other dad's cranked that up to full volume when it came on MTV
  • orchestra rehearsals
  • Stravinsky
  • Horatio Hornblower
  • The Mission
  • butterscotch pie
  • Symphony chocolate bars
  • chocolate "hidden" in your underwear drawer
  • "I just love this family"
  • the whole fam-damily
  • caffeine free diet coke
  • Clearly Canadian
  • dutch oven cooking
  • Idaho
  • hamburger
  • grilling
  • the patio office
  • extension cords
  • granola bars
  • stealing sheets off my bed to wash them
  • line-dry towels 
  • tight hugs
I could go on but I'm pushing midnight here on my end of the world and it is past my bedtime. Please know how much I love you and miss you and I enjoyed celebrating your birthday by eating at that turkish restaurant you liked with your friend here in NYC. We were disappointed you couldn't make the party. Happy 61!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So sweet. I like your dad, even though we've never met.

Related Posts with Thumbnails