Monday, September 08, 2008

summer odds and ends: July boat cruise

Remember the Olafur Eliasson exhibit I mentioned back in June? Well, he is an Icelandic artist who, in conjunction with his exhibit at MoMA did some amazing waterfall installations in the New York harbor along the East River. In July, I had the pleasure of going on a boat cruise to get a closer look at the waterfalls. These are the pictures I took that I've been keeping from you all this time.
Here is the boat:
And the sky:And more sky - with Ellis Island in silhouette:And a beautiful sailboat - there were tons in the harbor that day:And lady Liberty herself, standing proud:And finally, the stars of the show, the waterfalls:This one under the Brooklyn Bridge was my favorite:Although I liked this one as well, it started raining so some of the photos were a little hazy:Luckily no one snapped a picture of me in the drizzle, especially after a rogue wave left me with a soaking skirt.More fun pics of summer fun to come . . .

3 comments:

lizzie said...

i love them! makes me want to come to ny...

Annie said...

i'll come with liz...it looks amazing!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous. I even like the hazy backdrop. Mmmm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails