I found this list and stole it. Yes, it is another list but interesting and doesn't require much thought so here we go:
Bolded are things I HAVE done, and unbolded are things I HAVE NOT, I have also italicized things I want to do.
1. Touched an iceberg - see proof here. I realize it is just a piece of ice but it came from an iceberg so I say it counts.
2. Slept under the stars - I miss stars living in a too bright city.
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby’s diaper
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - not sure how to measure this so I'm going to both bold and italicize.
7. Swam with wild dolphins - would love this!
8. Climbed a mountain - looking forward to climbing some mountains in Idaho very, very soon.
9. Held a tarantula
10. Said “I love you” and meant it - but not in a very long time. Oh, except to my family and friends but somehow that isn't quite the same.
11. Bungee jumped - although this seems like a very 90s thing to do, is that weird of me to think that?
12. Visited Paris - but really want to go back, if for nothing other than the crepes.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - from my cousin's beach house in Rhode Island.
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise - actually been considering a post somewhat related to this.
15. Seen the Northern Lights - barely missed this by a month in Iceland last summer.
16. Gone to a huge sports game - Yeah NBA Finals 1997 and 1998 and Fiesta Bowl 2005!!
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - thanks to college astronomy, probably the hardest I worked in a college class without getting an A.
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - and was kicked out of AP American History class for it and told I had a "banchee from hell laugh". Awesome.
21. Had a pillow fight - who hasn't?
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - from another state no less.
24. Built a snow fort - but not in a very long time.
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping - sorry mom, I won't elaborate.
27. Taken an ice cold bath (with actual ice, in fact) - I'm assuming the ice baths in the spa in Iceland count even though it was more of a plunge in and jump out to get in the hot tub again. I'm counting it.
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse - although all I remember is making the viewer thing out of a cereal box in elementary school.
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run - wait is this a metaphorical homerun?
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - CONSTANTLY!
33. Adopted an accent for fun - I cannot do accents. At all.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - if Germany counts even though there is a lot more British and some Finnish in there and I didn't visit any actual ancestral lands or anything.
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment - it comes and goes.
36. Loved your job 90% of the time - again, it comes and goes although definitely not right now.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - my theory is you get love or money. I'll trade money for love any day.
38. Watched wild whales - I LOVE whale watching!
39. Gone rock climbing - went to the climbing gym last night in fact.
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach - Michele, remember Mazatlan?
41. Gone sky diving
42. Visited Ireland
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files - I'm organized.
48. Ever worn a superhero costume - only if Cat Woman counts.
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day - far too often.
51. Gone scuba diving - at the Great Barrier Reef!
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud - Liz, you must remember Kolob Canyon and the red mud!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - are these around anymore?
55. Done something you should regret, but don’t - I won't elaborate.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - someday.
57. Started a business - I am not entrepreneurial minded, especially since I don't believe I can actually spell that word correctly and I'm too lazy to look it up.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days - No. Thank. You!
61. Made cookies from scratch - but it has been too long since the last batch.
62. Won first prize in a costume contest - sort of, I got the votes for it but since I was counting the votes I thought it would sound rigged if I announced I had won "sexiest costume".
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently - I kept waiting for fluency to hit me on my study abroad and it sort of did when I yelled at a bus driver in Paris for trying to rip us off but it immediately vanished after that.
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone - I was a freshman and it was my roommate, the only physical fight I have ever been in.
67. Bounced a check - who makes it through college without bouncing a check? Oh, right, no one uses checks anymore.
68. Read - and understood - your credit report
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone - I was pushed out of a box when I was 3 so I don't actually remember it.
78. Ridden a motorcycle
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph - a Corvette in Pine Valley a couple of years ago with my dad encouraging and directing me from the passenger seat - loved it more than I ever would have expected. Okay, so it was only 95 but that is close enough, right?
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing - if I could only be so lucky.
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days - no but in 10 days I will take a rafting trip for 6 days!
83. Eaten sushi
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school
89. Changed your name - it's a pain, hence, I am reluctant to ever do it again.
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch - do beaded necklaces count? I was really good at making those in high school.
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - thank you random girl in Costa Rica for helping me navigate the bus system after our plane decided to bump us to the next day so I could meet my friends!
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all four
106. Raked your carpet
107. Brought out the best in people - I hope?
108. Brought out the worst in people - I'm sure of it.
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse - wait, does a mule count? I guess I also rode an annoyed pregnant horse once. I felt terrible about riding her, she just wanted to get back to her stable the whole time.
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe
113. Buried a child
114. Gone to a Broadway play
115. Been inside the pyramids
116. Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Danced at a disco - do these exist anymore or do they just mean a club?
118. Played in a band - I am totally counting high school and college jazz band and concert band even though they are nerdy.
119. Shot a bird
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone
122. Ridden a train - best train ride is a toss up between Switzerland followed closely by one in Kuranda, Australia through the rain forest.
123. Brought an old fad back into style - I'm guessing the sailor hat I wore in 7th grade doesn't count as "an old fad" and one friend adopting the look doesn't count as bringing it "back into style"
124. Eaten caviar
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt
129. Lived in an historic place - I don't know what this one means. As in an historic building or city or what?
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage - best actress in the stake in the 1989 Road Show that had something to do with food storage.
131. Asked for a raise
132. Made a hole-in-one
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon - and I never will.
136. Learned to surf - I tried once but I don't think it qualifies as "learned".
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class - hoping for this one again next week!
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite - alone, for work.
140. Flown in a helicopter
141. Visited Africa
142. Sang a solo - nobody wants this.
143. Gone spelunking - could be fun, although I'd be worried about claustrophobia.
144. Learned how to take a compliment - sometimes, but I mostly find it awkward.
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted - courtesy of my talented sister
148. Written a fan letter
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane - my dog is part Great Dane, we think.
151. Ran away
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss
154. Sat on a jury
155. Lied about your weight
156. Gone on a diet - I hate them.
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem
159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers - I had these great turquoise ones I wore with a red sweater vest with turquoise fish on it - I LOVED that outfit when I was 10!
167. Ridden in a limousine - hello high school prom with the awkward couple making out all night.
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz - although I'm getting better at the Wii Fit hula thing.
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books - I LOVED Nancy Drew in elementary school!
171. Been stuck in an elevator - ugh, FHA convention in Park City my senior year of high school. Oh, and a couple of years ago here in my office building.
172. Had a revelatory dream - it was about visiting Iceland!
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale - nor will I ever!
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint - I don't even know what all of these words mean
178. Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hostel
184. Been a cashier
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma - should have done this yesterday but didn't get around to signing up. Lazy.
188. Built a camp fire - I'm a pro :)
189. Kept a blog
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course - and I won't ever
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
196. Know CPR - knew it at one point should really re-learn it.
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend - thank you Facebook.
199. Helped solve a crime
200. Responded to a NJP newsletter - should I know what this means? and I'm resisting the urge to change "a NJP" to "an NJP", does that bother anyone else?
If you are out of blogging ideas, or just don't have time to be creative (like me), let me know what you have done.