Sunday, July 27, 2008

stargazers

if I were forced to pick a favorite flower I would choose this one:the stargazer lily
so named because the blooms face the skyI love gazing at stars so I guess we have that in commonI love the vibrant color and delicate stamensI also love the intoxicating aromaand watching the buds unfold from a delicate and demure shape,as the flower gracefully reveals itselfalmost shylyto stretch out long, seductively curved petals. . . it is quite provocativeI love having them in my home, especially when they are a gift

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Dude, you just wrote a really stellar poem there.

lizzie said...

very nice.

autumn said...

Very beautiful. I liked your last post too, by the way. You have an amazing way of expressing yourself. I too have felt like I was treading water a time or two. It's not a good feeling. Anyway, You never have to worry about being the lady with no style, the fact that you would think that made me laugh out loud. You are gorgeous.

Meghan said...

I love stargazers too. Actually I haven't met any lily yet that I didn't love. One of the things I love most is that they stay beautiful for so long.

Thanks for the tip about the parade. One of Jon's hangups is the cold, but what's one day of cold when you live in Florida right? And if we are going to be so close to you, I would love to at least have you wave out your window to us as we pass and if you are really feeling the holiday spirit, maybe you could toss down some red velvet mini cupcakes. Maybe??

Related Posts with Thumbnails