Friday, June 27, 2008

Beg, Borrow or Steal . . .

or pay whatever it takes but next time you are in New York City, I highly, highly recommend seeing "In The Heights". It is by far the best musical I have seen in a long time. I loved the dancing, the music, the rapping, the NYC jokes, even the jokes in Spanish I really didn't get . . . there is a reason this won the Tony Award for Best Musical this year.
The only downside? I went for a work event and ended up sitting next to a pretentious snob (who I previously found only slightly annoying)who was either pecking away on his blackberry, smirking at all references to his snooty alma mater (no offense to any other Stanford alums but UGH! enough already, I get it, you went there and you really don't think a Puerto Rican girl from Washington Heights could hack it - what an ass!) or actually laughing at the cheesiest moments when I will not lie - I had tears in my eyes. There is nothing I hate more than the self-entitled pretentious elitists who never had to work for anything so they look down at those who do.
But luckily, that didn't ruin the show for me and now I'm ready to go see it all over again.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm sold. When do we go?

katie said...

One of my goals in life is to see as many Broadway plays as possible. I'm totally failing at this point in my life, but I assure you that I have big plans one day when the kiddos are gone. Mike better be happy about it. This one sounds good.

autumn said...

You're back from your blogging break! It sounds like a great musical. One day...

hovergirl said...

sounds like fun even with the bad neighbor! enjoyed talking with you the other night.

Related Posts with Thumbnails