Wednesday, March 26, 2008

divorce saga teaser

Apologies to all my faithful readers (I'm assuming) but I do not anticipate posting another divorce installment this week. What, you ask, could be more important than entertaining the internet (or at least half of Utah)? My job, that is what. And then, my long weekend mini-break to Colorado where I will rendezvous with Michele at the airport Friday and roadtrip to visit Liz in Eagle. I might squeeze in an episode tonight or en route but I am not making any promises. Especially since I am currently in the midst of drafting a brief for my day job (which likes to squeeze in as my night job on a regular basis as well) and I'm afraid the contrasting writing styles required of these two exercises might get twisted up should I try and write both simultaneously. The results could be disastrous. For instance, I might end up writing something like this here:

After yet another disastrous and isolating weekend, Mrs. A.A. (the "Victim") realized her complacence in tolerating Mr. M.A.'s (the "Bad Guy") behavior was beginning to set a dangerous precedent of allowing the Bad Guy to freely partake in illicit activities and fraternize with unsavory characters unfettered by any notions of the Victim's discomfort or displeasure. Despite this concern, the Victim failed to timely object. She did, however move for a change a venue in the hopes of obtaining a friendly forum in which to conduct, and hopefully, repair their marriage. While the Bad Guy pointed to the fact that the "unsavory characters" were family members, the Victim rightly countered that family or not the party must be expelled from their environs with the exclusive exception of inadvertent contact at the Bad Guy's parent's domestic abode........

WHEREFORE, the Victim respectfully requested that the Bad Guy concede to relocating to the more favorable venue in a northern jurisdiction that, while closer to the Victim's family, was also in close proximity to two of the Bad Guy's more well mannered brothers as well as his best friend and it was conceded that it was in the best interests of both parties to transfer their domicile to the more neutral venue of Salt Lake.


See, no one really wants that result. A time and a place for everything, right?

10 comments:

Jen said...

I found your blog through links on a friend's friend's blog (you know how that goes). Anyway, you are a fantastic writer and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. I am also an attorney (patent) and LDS. I work part-time, if you can believe it, and from home. It's a sweet set-up that allows me to stay home with my two wild boys.

Just thought I'd stop lurking and say I love your blog. And I don't mind the legal lingo at all.

Tiffany said...

Hah! I guess I'll wait for the non-legal version. I just gave myself a headache reading this. :)

Emily said...

Wow! That reminds me of those math story problems, like: "If Train A leaves Station 1 at 8:00 traveling at 50 mph, and Train B leaves Station 2 at 9:30 traveling in the opposite direction at 65 mph, at what time will they cross paths?" I always sucked at those, so I'll wait for the plain English version. :)

Kami said...

Good Idea! Have a fun trip!

Christina said...

What a tease you are. Have a great trip, and I can't wait to read more upon your return!

katie said...

Now my wednesday is ruined. Thanks.

DeAnn said...

Okay, okay -- I'll patiently wait. Sure go on ahead and have a life -- make a living, visit loved ones. I guess I'll just have to do some some work. And I'll wait.

Let's face it -- you are cool. You are the heroine of your own story!

Beck said...

Geez! Have a fun trip and then GET WRITING!

Leslie said...

Hello, I'm Tiffany's (and John's)sister and I've been lurking since the beginning of your divorce story. You are truly a talented writer. I was actually quite proud of myself for being able to follow your legal lingo, however, I definitely prefer the plain and fabulous english version!
Enjoy your trip! I'll be moving to Colorado in 13 weeks -- but who's counting??

critts said...

Have a great trip! I can't wait to read the next installment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails