Thursday, February 07, 2008

Bonnaroo!!!

Bonnaroo announced the lineup for this year's festival and I could not be more excited! I scrolled through the list in the email and now I cannot contain my excitement. These are the bands that have me anxious to purchase tickets and book the trip:
  • Pearl Jam
  • Metallica (never seen them or ever had any real interest in them but I feel this would be nostaglic and entertaining somehow - especially after Guitar Hero)
  • Jack Johnson
  • Kanye West
  • Phil Lesh & Friends (even if last time I walked back to camp during their performance)
  • The Allman Brothers Band
  • The Raconteurs
  • Death Cab for Cutie (another repeat!)
  • BB King
  • Sigur Ros!!!
  • Ben Folds (another great repeat)
  • Bela Flek is back
  • Aimee Mann
  • Donavon Frankenreiter

Just to name the ones who jumped off the screen at me as bands I am most acquainted with and enjoy the most. There are others I will need to start sampling online to get more familiar - like Lez Zeppelin some all girl all zeppelin band that sounds intriguing. Michele and Dan let me tag along with them two years ago and we had a blast! View a few pics here and a list of who we saw here. Tickets go on sale next Saturday the 16th at noon EST. The festival is June 12th to 15th and I definitely want to be there. Who is with me? Michele, I'm looking in your direction . . . will you be firing up the motorhome this year? I will try and get Eddie Vedder (or someone) to sing happy birthday to you! And seriously, shouldn't Pearl Jam's littlest fan see him perform live?

2 comments:

Kami said...

Sounds like a rock rollin' good time. Too bad I am so far away.

michele said...

that would be a good birthday treat. i would love to see pearl jam, and the rest of the line up looks pretty good, plus annie does need to see pearl jam live. i'll have to see if we can justify the expense of the cross country adventure. if only i there were people who wanted to drive across the country in the motorhome with me...any takers?

Related Posts with Thumbnails