Tuesday, December 04, 2007

New York Christmas Scene I

Last year I had the idea of posting photos of some of my favorite scenes of Christmas I encounter in New York. But I never followed up by actually doing it. That may have had something to do with my hard drive crashing right around that time.
Anyway, today I'm feeling uninspired and slightly irrelevant (I could be encouraged by more comments!) so I am going to kick off my New York Christmas Scenes series. I can't promise a photo a day but I have a few others waiting in the wings so I will try and make this a regular posting - just realize I do not in any way hold myself as anything more than a point and shoot photographer that occasionally gets lucky with a decent picture.
This first Christmas photo, taken on my way home from church Sunday, is the tree at Lincoln Center lightly dusted with fresh snow, the scene (or possibly the bitter 20-something temps) momentarily took my breath away:

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

I. am. downright. giddy.

alison said...

again, i say i want to be in new york. can i come and live with you? it has always been a dream of mine to see the nyc ballet's production of "the nutcracker". or anything for that matter. (my mom used to study ballet at their school, right there at lincoln center.) now i will just imagine.

Annie said...

Can I come too??? How beautiful! Temple Square will just have to do. I want to see more photos. Is that inspiring??

lizzie said...

i love it! can't wait to see more. i could do christmas in eagle but i think i already posted about the only thing i can post...

Maria said...

Hi Alyssa -

I found your blog through Pepper's. I remember you from the massively huge 41st ward days in SLC. You always gave such great lessons in RS. The picture looks great- looking forward to seeing some more. I may be relocating to New York for work in the next month or so - it is interesting to see pictures of a place I could be getting very familiar with soon. You mentioned this was on your way home from church - do you go to the 8th ward? People are telling me 8th ward boundaries is what I should be looking for.
Sorry for the novel - I'll stop now.

Great blog!

Maria

katie said...

I'm excited for more!

Beck said...

Ohhhhhh. Lucky you!

Beck said...

Ohhhhhh. Lucky you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails