Friday, December 07, 2007

A few quick gift ideas

It is hard for me to give out many tips with my complete lack of preparation but I have started doing a bit of shopping and thought I would pass along a few ideas, even if they aren't terribly original or creative: Holiday gift baskets or mixes from Lehi Roller Mill. I am not normally a fan of pre-made mixes but these are the best! The just add water pancakes are surprisingly light and fluffy and the easiest thing in the world to make! I get my secretary a gift basket each year and she loves it - plus I feel like it is a little bit of home since it is a unique product of Utah. I have loved everything I have tried and I always get positive feedback about them. I think a lot of families have a tradition of giving Christmas pajamas - my family loves getting pj bottoms from Old Navy - but to mix it up a bit, try these flannels from Victoria's Secret. They are only $29.50 and if you enter PJSLIPPER, you get the slippers free! Who knew you could get such fun and sexy flannels?

For the movie lover - Netflix has gift subscriptions! It is super flexible. You can pick a plan (1, 2 or 3 at a time unlimited or 1 at a time with 2 a month) and you can select from a one to 12 month subscription. Clearly they want you to get your friends and family hooked on Netflix but I think it is a unique gift that keeps on giving . . .

For the book lover - a nice set of bookends, perhaps with a hard bound edition of a favorite book or an amazon gift card.

That's all I have in me now - that I'm willing to share. As you can tell, I really need some help in the idea department so feel free to add to my list.

7 comments:

autumn said...

I love Lehi Roller Mills and the good news is that I live only 15 minutes away from the actual mill. I made the raspberry ones last night. Delicious. Also, your christmas cd rocks! Thanks so much!

katie said...

I think those jammies look fabulous! Keep the ideas coming. I simply have no idea for some people on my list.

Maria said...

I really love Victoria Secret's PJs- super comfortable.

Thanks for the comment on my blog and also your email address. I'm totally lame and I was trying to delete a comment I made and I accidentally deleted yours! Can you leave it one more time or even just send me an email: merrill.maria@gmail.com so that I have it again?

I really appreciate your willingness to answer some questions. Sorry for losing yours the first time.

Thanks!

Ma said...

They look like great gifts to me. Do you have any great ideas that are in the $10 range? I need to get a couple of those and how about a great white elephant gift?

Beck said...

Those DO look like terrific gifts! At my place, we give everyone pajamas on Christmas Eve, mainly so we'll look nice in photos in the morning.

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry I missed this post. I was too busy hanging out with you to read! Great gift ideas!

JOANN NORALS said...

THANK YOU so so much for this idea. i used it on all my presents this year. i just posted about it so i hope you'll go check it out to see how they came out! thanks again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails