Thursday, November 29, 2007

preparations

What I've done so far in preparation for my dessert party that now has 43 attendees and is in 17 days:
pulled my Christmas decorations out of storage
moved the stray magazines off this bookshelf and did this
(clearly I am not gifted in the decorating department)
then put a couple of stockings up to see how they looked on this shelf
and found a place for this little snowman to perch admired some of my ornaments
(Target is the best! Except this year their online ornament selection stinks)
decided that was all too much work, got tired and abandoned the ornaments wherever they could make a soft landing

decided on the desserts I will make

  1. spiced nuts
  2. fudge
  3. red velvet cupcakes (this is the top most requested treat)
  4. ginger cookies
  5. peanut butter cups
  6. chocolate chip peppermint crackles
  7. toffee
  8. butter cookies (I have to use the cookie press my mom gave me last year for Christmas)
  9. brownies - with marshmallow and peanut butter perhaps
  10. pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes with ginger whipped cream (a new concoction I dreamed up last night)
  11. peppermint patties
  12. sugar cookies (maybe)
  13. cranberry/pear/ginger ale punch

Now all I need to do is: decorate for real, make a grocery list and bake, bake, bake! Oh, and find a really cute outfit because it is my turn to meet someone amazing under the mistletoe at my party!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm salivating--over the dessert menu and the black and white ornament. Mmmmmmm.

michele said...

mmm dessert party! sometimes i think i should start that tradition here. then i get tired.

critts said...

I miss the dessert party! Do you think you could mail some of those desserts to Dallas? Please, please, please pass along the recipe for your red velvet cupcakes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails