- Turkey (of course)
- Stuffing - my Grandma's recipe
- Mashed Potatoes and gravy
- Cranberry sauce - I'll share the rec
- rolls - I think I am going to be brave and make them myself again (unless I change my mind and pick some up at Amy's Bread on Wednesday)
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes - I may eat all of these myself!
- Green beans
- glazed carrots
- Dixie Salad - a fruit salad that is a special treat from my mom's family which contains a variety of fruits, including pomegranates (long before they were all hyped for their antioxidants or whatever) walnuts and the best part - WHIPPED CREAM! My mom, sister and I will usually eat this for breakfast the rest of the weekend.
- a jello dish - probably the old standby of lime jello with cottage cheese, cool whip and pineapple chunks but maybe I will ask my aunt for her jello concoction that has apples suspended in the jello! Because it is tradition I would also have to put a layer of whipped cream on top.
- butternut squash - haven't decided if I will make a soup or bake it like I did last time
- a few appetizers of hummus/pitas/carrots or crackers and cheese to stave off hunger pains prior to the meal
- sparkling cider
- Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pie
- possibly a chocolate pecan pie
- and/or possibly a butterscotch cream pie
- considering rice pudding too . . . not sure why.
So tell me, am I missing anything? What is on your menu for Thursday? Is there some crucial dish that you couldn't have Thanksgiving without it? (my fave would have to be the sweet potatoes and stuffing, oh and the pumpkin pie of course)