Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas Mix

Now that I have had an opportunity to fully enjoy Thanksgiving with all its food and family (and dishes!), I decided today I could start thinking about Christmas. First step, create a Christmas playlist. I ambitiously thought I would also start decorating but that fell by the wayside after I went to church, watched the Jazz game while eating leftovers (they won!), took a nap, made my playlist, paid some bills, cleaned up the apartment, ate some more leftovers and decided it is time to blog. I also need to start thinking about my dessert party - creating a menu, sending out the evite, etc. But that won't get done tonight either.

Instead, I'm just happy I finished the first Christmas step today. And here are the results for Christmas 2007 - thanks Emily for guiding me with your massive list toward some new tunes. It generally moves from the modern to the funky to the classic to the chill. I will also be listening to The Messiah and some Mormon Tabernacle Choir this season but those don't mix in well and I generally like listening to each of them straight through rather than piece meal in a mix.

So without any further tangents, I present my Christmas 2007 playlist (there was a 2006 but I believe it was deleted in the great harddrive crash of 2006):
  1. Christmas is Coming Vince Guaraldi Trio (Charlie Brown Christmas)
  2. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen Bare Naked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan
  3. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) Death Cab for Cutie
  4. Maybe this Christmas Ron Sexsmith
  5. Christmastime I Here Jars of Clay
  6. Last Christmas Wham!
  7. Christmas Is Going to the Dogs Eels
  8. The Christmas Song The Raveonettes
  9. I am Santa Claus Ozzy Osborne (a la Iron Man!)
  10. Just Like Christmas Low
  11. Christmas With You is the Best The Long Winters
  12. Rock of Ages Ben Kweller
  13. Merry Xmas Everybody Rooney
  14. What Christmas Means to Me Stevie Wonder
  15. Santa Baby Rev Run & The Christmas Allstars
  16. The Little Drummer Boy! Hot, Hot, Hot Wyclef Jean
  17. Santa Claus Go Straight to the Ghetto James Brown
  18. Baby, It's Cold Outside (Mulato Beat Remix) Louis Armstrong
  19. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm (Stuhr Remix) Kay Starr
  20. All I Want for Christmas Is You Billy Paul Williams & Lauren Carter
  21. I'll Be Home for Christmas Oscar Peterson
  22. Merry Christmas Baby Charles Brown
  23. River (feat. Corinne Bailey Rae) Herbie Hancock
  24. Ave Maria Billy Paul Williams
  25. O Christmas Tree Oscar Peterson
  26. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Harry Connick, Jr.
  27. Christmas Time Is Here Sarah McLachlan
  28. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Frank Sinatra
  29. Christmas Dreaming Harry Connick, Jr.
  30. My Grown-Up Christmas List Kelly Clarkson
  31. What Child Is This? Oscar Peterson
  32. Blue Christmas Low
  33. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town Dave Brubeck
  34. (It Must Have Been Ol') Santa Claus Harry Connick, Jr.
  35. Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep Diana Krall
  36. Let It Snow Chris Isaak
  37. I'll Be Home for Christmas Bing Crosby
  38. I Pray On Christmas Harry Connick, Jr.
  39. Long Way Around the Sea Low
  40. I Saw Three Ships Sting
  41. White Christmas Bing Crosby
  42. Christmas Day Dido
  43. Christmas Leona Naess
  44. Silent Night Boyz II Men
  45. O Holy Night Harry Connick, Jr.
  46. Peace Norah Jones
  47. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Diana Krall
  48. Silent Night Low
  49. Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental) Vince Guaraldi Trio
  50. Taking Down the Tree Low
  51. Christmas Song Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
Now I am all set for holiday baking, dessert party music and blocking out annoying Christmas music when I'm shopping (if I get brave and actually go in retail stores this year). The entire list obviously won't fit on a single cd but if you want a mix of highlights, I will put something together for the first five people who leave a comment - even lurkers who I don't know are reading.

6 comments:

Beck said...

Hey hey! And I'm FIRST!

katie said...

Alyssa...I sooooo need a copy! My girls discovered a Peter Cottontail Cd this weekend and that's all we've been listening to. Please hurry. I would be so in love with it. Merry early Christmas.

autumn said...

Seriously? You want to give out a cd? I would love it! Lucky me to be the first person to leave a comment! It will be just the thing to use while baking Christmas treats.

lizzie said...

me too! me too! so excited!!!!

alison said...

i would love a cd! and i would love to send you my christmas mix for this year, although i will have to dig deep to come up with some other songs.

mickey said...

Okay so I am #6 to comment, any chance I can still get in? I'd love a fresh Christmas mix this year. When are you coming in for the holidays? I'd love to see you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails