Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's A Girl!

I am now officially an aunt!
My sweet little neice entered the world at 10:40 p.m. last night - October 1, 2007.
Her stats: 7 pounds, 8 ounces and 20 inches long.
Mom and baby are doing well. So is dad (my baby brother).
No name or photo as of yet - I was told to have patience when I asked! But never fear, I am heading off to Boston to meet this little one before the end of the week and I am confident I will be filling my camera with photos of my very first niece soon enough, and I am sure she will have a name by then. Or else my sister has decided she should be called Koko (long story full of inside jokes that are only funny to my family on our ridiculous email chains).
Now I just have to make the time to visit FAO Schwartz for my first splurge of indulgence on my little niece who I will warn you all now I will be spoiling.

9 comments:

mickey said...

Congrats! That is so fun to have your first niece. I'm sure she's beautiful, they are such a nice looking couple. Have fun spoiling her and I can't wait for the photos.

lizzie said...

congrats!!!

tiff said...

Welcome to aunt-hood! It's marvelous. Congratulations!

Who Do You Think You Are said...

Congratulations! Girls are so fun! Glad to hear that all is well with mom,dad and baby.

Beck said...

Congratulations! As the aunt, it is now your job to bring the baby frivolous, gorgeous gifts. HAVE FUN!

Anonymous said...

My first splurge of indulgence for new-borns in my family did not occur at FAO Schwartz. It was at BFD Wal-Mart. Its the thought that counts.

Johanna said...

Congratulations! Your brother is lucky to have an aunt as excited as you sound for the arrival of his daughter! And there are about 180000 times more "baby products" available for little girls than little boys! My sister went bananas over my son's birth, and he really treasures all the inscriptions in the books she gave him, it makes him feel really special.Isn't it magical?God bless you all!

Autumn said...

Congratulations! How exciting. I hope you have fun visiting them. I can't wait to see a photo.

Annie said...

Congrats! Being an aunt is the BEST thing in the world! I highly reccommend you spoil as much and as often as you wish. Being the favorite auntie goes to only one! Have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails