Tuesday, October 30, 2007

An important service announcement

While I personally do not plan on participating in the below free food extravaganza (due to an aversion to i) hamburger, ii) Taco Bell and iii) the Red Sox), I thought it was important enough (or at least funny enough) to pass along this announcement I received via email from my brother moments ago. Please enjoy and then feel free to pass along your condolences about me missing the funny gene that appears to thrive in other members of my family:

As some of you are aware, the new evil empire won the most recent baseball World Series, not to be confused with the World Series of Poker. The only good thing that has come from this (although whether this is a good thing or not is up to you) Taco Bell is giving away a free taco this afternoon to everybody in the United States, thanks to Jacoby Ellsbury's stolen base. The offer stands between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. this afternoon.

I encourage all of you to participate in this landmark moment in modern American culture. I stil fondly reflect upon the Burger King Free Fry Day Friday from 10 years ago. I remember exactly where I was and whom I was with. If you missed out on that one, don't miss this opportunity! These are truly the memorable things of life.

Please pass this email along to everyone you know for good luck for the rest of your life, or at least a chance to remember the day you joined in solidarity with the rest of your countrymen and committed to something we all believe in: FREE TACOS!

Your Fellow Citizen of the World,

Nick

2 comments:

lizzie said...

man, i missed it. i so would have gone to the local taco bell for a free taco!!! taco bell is one of only four fast food joints here in eagle. darn.

Tiffany said...

Can't believe I missed such a phenomenal opportunity!

Thanks for the info!

Related Posts with Thumbnails