Wednesday, September 12, 2007

taking deep calming breaths (indoors)

I thought I was past the freaking out stage but I just closed out my cd (I actually had a cd!) and transfered nearly ALL my money out of my savings account for this big leap I am taking into adulthood that does not involve planning a platinum wedding or purchasing maternity clothes. Apparently there was another freak out moment in me - not of the regret type, more of the I've-never-managed-or-even-imagined-I-could-save-that-much-money-and-now-I'm-giving-it-away! type freak out. But I'm okay with it. Really. I am. I can always save more. . . .

In other less vague news, this morning's walk to work reminded me of the one big down side to fall - fall allergies. I was sneezing before I walked in my office door and had to use three tissues to make myself presentable for my 9 am meeting. Why am I allergic to things that are dying? I don't get it. I understand spring allergies - blossoms and pollen blooming back into life. But September is the beginning of the end of the cycle, the part just before heading into hybernation. Are the trees and flowers and grasses just putting up one last fight before dormancy? What is more, while some of the streets I pass in my twenty minute walk to work have trees, there aren't too many flowers and I don't think there is any grass. So where are the allergens even coming from?

On a lighter note, very happy that the humidity left New York and it was almost cool this morning for the very first time. Now I am anxious to pull out my sweaters and jackets and start layering. I'm also anxious to start making soup and possibly some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Hmmm, I wonder if I could make pumpkin cupcakes. . . .

Carry on (obviously my muse is still out).

3 comments:

Beck said...

Pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes! With cream cheese icing!
Sounds AWESOME.
And I wonder what you're up to! Hmmm.

tiffany said...

Congratulations on your big step! And I definitely think you should move forward with the pumpkin cupcake theory. It sounds brilliant.

lizzie said...

yum. i thought about making soup today. my favorite time of year...

Related Posts with Thumbnails