Friday, September 14, 2007

dress update

My mom and I did a little long distance online shopping together last night. Which, by the way, is great. I mean, how else would my mom and I be able to go shopping together living thousands of miles apart? Plus, I don't have to actually go in a store. I really dislike shopping, I find it exhausting and department stores often overwhelm me. Ordering online I can try the clothes on in my own real life. No funky mirrors. No feeling sticky from the humidity in the summer or staticky from pulling clothes on and off. I can do it without interacting with other obnoxious shoppers and I can try the clothes on in the morning after I shower and have fresh makeup on - when I feel good, something I have found really influences my reaction to clothes.

Anyway, my mom also loved THE dress but having someone else witness the price knocked some sense into me so we continued looking and selected this dress instead: An option that turned out to be more than HALF the price! I am worried about the fit and the color but I think it could be beautiful. Especially with these shoes which my mom found at Dillard's and luckily Amazon had them which means free 2 day shipping with the Amazon Prime membership I accidentally purchased by not cancelling my trial period and now I use it ALL the time:
I'm hoping this necklace will work well too but I haven't ordered it yet. Why, oh why don't we have Target in New York City?

All I need now is a really great patent clutch to match the shoes!

And if I the dress doesn't fit (please let it fit!) or I don't like it or the color washes me out or some other issue, I will just pull myself together and go to Nordstrom's and buy the expensive dress. Since the dress is being delivered to my parent's house in Utah I guess I better pack a back up alternative dress just in case things don't work out.

Weddings are stressful.

6 comments:

lizzie said...

i really like the dress. i think it will look great on you!

tiff said...

I love it and especially with the blue shoes. And don't worry too much about not having a Target. The rest of the world has to have something that NYC doesn't...

Beck said...

Beautiful dress! And I think it will look gorgeous.

Beck said...

Beautiful dress! And I think it will look gorgeous.

emily said...

i like this one much better.
i am really jealous of your amazon prime. i tried it out and LOVED it. bought lots of diapers...how exciting.

autumn said...

You're going to look like a knockout. How fun. Shopping online really has its perks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails