Tuesday, August 07, 2007

suggestions please

I am making a cd of love (glad I just re-read my post, initially I wrote long here! it seems I have some issues with this particular L word) songs for a shower I'm throwing Saturday. In no particular order, this is what I have so far. Any strong feelings one way or the other about any of these? Anything you think I should add? Comments welcome, encouraged and yes, I'm begging, I need opinions here.
  • Easy Silence Dixie Chicks (this is the couple's song according to the groom so it has to stay and I had to buy it and I doubt I will ever listen to it again)
  • I Believe Stevie Wonder
  • Forever Ben Harper
  • I Will Follow You Into the Dark Death Cab for Cutie
  • By Your Side Sade
  • Pride (In the Name of Love) U2
  • Somebody Depeche Mode
  • Faithfully Journey (because what could be more romantic?)
  • When I Fall In Love Celine Dion (only because of a comment from the groom)
  • Think I'm in Love Beck
  • Friday I'm in Love The Cure
  • This Love Maroon 5
  • Love, Reign O'er Me Pearl Jam
  • Be Here to Love Me Norah Jones
  • You Sexy Thing Hot Chocolate
  • Let's Get It On Marvin Gaye

Sooooooooo, what do you think? I'm going to play with it for the next couple of days but definitely need your additions/deletions/order comments? Come on cheezy romantics, I need your input, it has been a long time for me . . .

8 comments:

Ma said...

I know some oldies that the couple probably won't know, and some they will be familiar with.
Unchained Melody
You Are the Sunshine of My Life
Love Song by Loggins & Messina
When We Dance - Sting
First Time I Ever Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
You Make Me So Very Happy

Tiffany said...

I love the list, but I agree with your mom--you gotta have some Loggins & Messina. Unless the bride and groom are filthy rich.

emily said...

i'm not sure about the U2 song. seems more mmmmm- political than romantic.

ethan and i have an unofficial song, the luckiest by ben folds.

Soul-Fusion said...

em, you are right about U2. I mainly had it on there because it was on a list someone made for a prior shower (so my list isn't entirely original). I can't think of the ben folds song right now but I will check it out tonight.
and mom, those are all great! The Roberta Flack one makes me think of you. That is one you used to sing a lot.
Thanks everyone!!! More suggestions are still welcome.

autumn said...

Lets see...

Happy by Morac. Its upbeat and happy. It's not moody, might be good for a lighter moment in a shower.

And yes, my wedding song was Crazy in Love by Beyonce. I couldn't help myself.

I'm looking at my Itunes and it turns out that I'm not that big on love songs. I hardly have any that would work, and I have A LOT. I wonder what that says about me.

michele said...

i agree with emily about pride, maybe all i want is you instead for a U2 song?
the luckiest is a good one.
also,
love, g.love
hold you in my arms, ray lamontagne
better together, jack johnson
turn me on, norah jones
please me like you want to, ben harper.
anyway, just a few suggestions. if you need more, let me know. what about the songs from the region dance valentine cd?

Soul-Fusion said...

ah michele, I knew you would come through for me! I had no idea you were such a romantic!

lizzie said...

how about:
when i'm 64 the beatles
top of the world the carpenters
bubbly colbie caillat
good mornin' life dean martin
ring of fire johnny cash (that one is mikey's favorite!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails