Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rain

It's raining here in New York today so here is what I was listening to as I made my way to and from court this morning through the soggy streets, on the damp and muggy subway platform and on the overly crowded, late-running train.

Rainy Day, Guster
Raining Again, Moby
The Rain Song, Led Zeppelin
The Gentle Rain, Astrud Gilberto
Love Rain, Jill Scott
Mudfootball, Jack Johnson
Fool in the Rain, Led Zeppelin (most appropriate, no?)
Rain, Rusted Root
No Rain, Blind Melon
Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson
Love, Reign O'er Me, Pearl Jam (okay, different type of rain but it works)
Somewhere Over the Rainbow, 12 (from Tiff's favorite cd mix!)
Look to the Rainbow, Astrud Gilberto

For some reason listening to this playlist on a rainy day makes me feel a little bit better about the dismal weather. Any other suggestions to expand my playlist?

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the list. It makes me pine for a summer thunderstorm. I think I'm going to have to spend some time on iTunes today.

(Glad you like my fav Somewhere Over the Rainbow!)

Beck said...

The whole Covers Record by Cat Power, should you be in the mood for a cheerful mope in the grim weather. That's what I'm listening to today, anyhow.
THanks for your supportive comment! It was very appreciated.

autumn said...

I don't have any suggestions, but will gladly steal your playlist. It's so hot right now, I would gladly enjoy a little rain storm, especially if I some good music.

mickey said...

I wish I could have been there with you. I would have enjoyed standing in the rain, and allowing it to drench my whole body.

mickey said...

By the way I love your new picture, it's beautiful!

Robert said...

"Riders on the Storm" by the Doors usually fits my melancholy on a stormy day. It is very visual.

Related Posts with Thumbnails