Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Watch out Iceland. . .

Erin and I are booked and on our way in two months and five days! WOO HOO!!

A year or so ago I awoke from a vivid dream in which I was hiking up the side of a dark, cold mountain with a light snow falling. I was tired and alone. When I was near the top, I had to wind along a narrow path pressed against steep cliffs of lava rock which I faced as I side-stepped along the narrow ledge. I came to an opening in the craggy rocks and was startled to see the exact image pictured above - The Blue Lagoon! It was not familiar to me but somehow I was prepared so I stripped down to my swimming suit and slid into the natural hot tub as the snow fell softly all around me. Once in the soothing geothermal pools I began looking around and discovered the familiar faces of my friends and family contentedly bobbing around me. It was such a vivid image of peace and serenity, I woke up reluctantly wondering where I conjured up this calming pool. Despite the fact that I had no conscious memory of having seen or recently learned anything about these pools, I somehow knew my dream was of Iceland and I knew I needed to visit.

If you want to help make my dream more of a premonition, book your flights now on Iceland Air and I will meet you at the Blue Lagoon at the end of August. Until then I will also be dreaming of exploring these places:

4 comments:

Ma said...

When I looked on a website on Iceland last night, it looked nice, but not spectacular like the pictures you posted. I'm jealous! I will just have to settle for being adventurous vicariously through you and Erin.

autumn said...

Once again...so jealous. And don't you just love dreams like that. A lot of symbolism there if you ask me...

Ethan said...

Since you are going to Iceland, you should watch this video...

http://www.emichrysalis.co.uk/quicktime/sigur_ros/glosoli/index.php?version=7.130&bandwidth=2147483648.000

Ethan said...

http://www.emichrysalis.co.uk/
quicktime/sigur_ros/glosoli/
index.php?version=7.130
&bandwidth=2147483648.000

Related Posts with Thumbnails