Friday, June 29, 2007

I thought I called my mom a lot. . .

A few times a week is nothing compared to the women interviewed in this article. I often call my mom as I walk home from work, take a cab somewhere, don't feel like doing anything else or if something good, exciting, sad or even insignificant happens. But ever since college when my dad would chime into our phone calls with "do you know how much our phone bill cost last month?" I have had a slight twinge of guilt if I call too often. Even now with mobile to mobile minutes which give me unlimited talk time with my mother, I feel compelled to cut back sometimes. My first instinct is always to call my mom, whether I have something to report or not. I remember times when I would try and limit myself to one call a week so I don't overdo it. But I cannot imagine calling my mom four to five times a day!! Or talking to her for 6 hours on the phone like some of the women in the article. I'm sorry, that is just crazy. I no longer feel guilty about calling my mom several times a week.

2 comments:

tiffany said...

I just talked to my mom this afternoon for the first time all week. We've left a couple of messages for each other since Sunday, but never found each other for a live talk. It felt weird. I think it's great you and your mom talk that often. (And I agree--six hour conversations? Wow!)

autumn said...

I talk to my mom a lot as well. But four times a day? For six hours? I would honestly run out of things to say. There would be dead silence for 5 of the hours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails