Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Kitchen Set-Up

I am a sucker for places like Williams-Sonoma and Crate and Barrell. I love browsing through their catalogues and roaming the aisles of their stores and I always have a very long wish list of coveted items I do not necessarily need or have room for in my kitchen but desire nonetheless. Currently topping the charts are items such as these and these and of course this. But I also look longingly at items such as this and these.

This post isn't meant to be a loud hint for my upcoming birthday. Rather, it is a response to this article which claims I should be able to stock my entire kitchen with everything I need for $300 total - far, far less starting from scratch than the total of my short list of luxury wants. While I think I may have a Saturday adventure coming up exploring restaurant supply stores in the City, I don't think that will cure me of my desire to have bright yellow melamine bowls like these.

3 comments:

Ma said...

I think these are birthday ideas. I liked the article about the kitchen essentials. Most of us old timers can attest to the fact that you don't need all the expensive kitchen tools. I used to do a lot more baking and cooking before I had a microwave, food processor and many of the more expensive kitchen tools that I have had. As you know, we did get a great set of Le Crueset pans for our wedding. Actually, there were only 3 pans. The 2 best knives that we have right now were pretty cheap. The big butcher knive that we got from Sam's Club works great. I also like the knife I bought several years ago from Pampered Chef. None of the tools have made me a better cook. It's the recipes and actually baking and cooking that make us great cooks. As my mother always said, it's practice, practice, practice.

tiff said...

If anybody deserves these lovely items, it's you. I hope the Birthday Fairy treats you well this year!

lizzie said...

i hate to cook. but i think i have come to the conclusion that cooking is in my job description and i can't just not do it anymore. i have to face that fact. i am trying to do better at my job and i suppose that means i need to cook. maybe if i had those items....

Related Posts with Thumbnails