Monday, May 07, 2007

BIG NEWS. . .

Last Monday I was back in Boston for work - this has turned into a semi-regular trip for me since Easter. The timing could not have been better for this one because my sister-in-law was scheduled for an ultrasound that same day. That is right - an ultrasound! I am going to be an AUNT!! We have known for a while but somehow knowing the sex and getting this first glimpse at my niece made it so much more real. Yes, it's a girl! Isn't she beautiful?It was a great day. I flew to Boston in the morning, spent the bulk of the day in a boring deposition that thankfully ended promptly at 5 pm, then I jumped in a cab and met Jason and Nadia in the North End to find out the good news - girl! - and celebrate. We had a fantastic dinner at Giovanni's (I think that was the name), picked up some dessert at Mike's Pastries and enjoyed the springtime sunshine as we discussed names and all the exciting changes in their lives. I also warned them once again that I will spoil this little girl because I am determined to be the favorite aunt; no, more than that, I am determined to be the favorite : )

5 comments:

tiff said...

Yay! Congratulations auntie!

autumn said...

Congratulations! I have a feeling that you will be the favorite Aunt. It's a position not to be taken lightly and one my sister strives for everyday. Yeah!

lizzie said...

wow!! i had no idea! i am so excited for you and for your family! is your mom so happy to get a grandbaby? congrats!

Nadia said...

I am just so glad you didn't post a picture of my stomach. :) You already are the favorite.

michele said...

congratulations! you will be a great aunt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails