Tuesday, February 06, 2007

100 things about me

  1. I have small feet
  2. I love pie but only eat it at Thanksgiving
  3. I was awarded "most improved" piano major as a freshman in college
  4. I was very granola/hippie/crunchy in high school and college and I miss that
  5. I am impatient with people I find irritating and I can't hide my impatience
  6. I wore braces for 6 years
  7. I started wearing glasses when I was ten
  8. I hate when people say "anywayS" there is no S on the end!
  9. I'm extremely independent but I like being able to let go and rely on someone
  10. I am an optimistic realist - meaning I hope for the best but prepare for the worst
  11. I can't decide if I'm getting more liberal the older I get or if I'm just getting braver in terms of admitting it to those around me
  12. I love speaking in public
  13. I love to dance
  14. I am overly sensitive to perceived and real slights from friends
  15. I am quick to forgive the slights, real or imagined
  16. I have no fear of heights
  17. but I do have a fear of jumping off things (boats, cliffs, diving boards, etc.) into water
  18. I love dogs
  19. I once said I had no desire to ever even visit NYC, let alone live there (in my anti-urban, pro-live in the mountains phase)
  20. I think my eyes are my best feature
  21. I don't know how to respond to compliments
  22. I miss wearing sleeveless shirts and tank tops
  23. I wish I exercised more
  24. I've lost count of how many boys I've kissed
  25. I was on the 9th grade basketball team at Union Middle School
  26. I'm often embarrassed when I read my thoughts and perceptions from journals of my youth
  27. I never really made much academic effort in high school
  28. I don't think I fit the "grew up in Utah" mold
  29. I have only been to church once in close to two months
  30. I'm extremely self-conscious of how I dress and how I look
  31. I don't eat hamburger
  32. I have a vivid fantasy life full of normal, everyday things I'm hoping for in my future
  33. I miss the mountains
  34. I am tough
  35. I learned how to cook a meal in a dutch oven camping before I figured out how to put a decent meal together in a kitchen
  36. I miss camping
  37. I named my dog after Malcolm X because I had just finished reading a biography on him when I found my puppy
  38. I bury happy memories of my ex-husband so I don't feel any regret
  39. I often wish my life could be more simple
  40. However, I get bored when I don't have a lot of stimulation
  41. I would like to teach yoga at a remote eco lodge in Costa Rica
  42. I regret quitting the piano
  43. I wish I could sing like Norah Jones
  44. I find it difficult to believe I will get married again
  45. I am really good at growing house plants
  46. I sometimes talk to my plants and myself
  47. I'm extremely competitive
  48. I've had two knee surgeries yet I sometimes convince myself I made it all up and I really don't have any knee problems
  49. I enjoy wandering through museums
  50. I get pedicures regularly
  51. I generally feel caught between two different worlds (utah/new york, mormon/non-mormon, urban/outdoors, professional/hippie, etc.)
  52. I love to read . . . wish my job let me choose the material more often
  53. I believe everything has a soul - animals, trees, rocks, everything
  54. I like getting artwork from my friends' children
  55. as a teenager I once ate an entire package of EL Fudge cookies on a family vacation before anyone had a chance to try one
  56. I had lots and lots of dark hair as a baby that stood straight up and someone told my mother "anyone who can have a baby that beautiful should have a dozen."
  57. law school was the first time I really pushed myself
  58. I've been absolutely in love 3 times and still have tender feelings for each
  59. my hair used to extend below my waist
  60. I love college football
  61. I have been staunchly against all franchise food (McDonald's, TGIFridays, Chevy's, etc.) for over a decade for their large portions, greasieness and lack of flavor
  62. I like that my birthday is the longest day of the year . . . summer solstice
  63. I love brunching with friends
  64. I love wandering through the plant district just looking at all the green
  65. I love thunderstorms with animated lightening shows
  66. online dating scares me
  67. I wish I was more artistic
  68. I hate ball point pens
  69. I have a filing cabinet drawer full of approximately 12-15 pairs of shoes in my office
  70. hiking gives me peace and brings clarity
  71. I only had one job offer coming out of law school - I feel it was fate pushing me to NY (my one offer was the only firm I interviewed with in NY)
  72. I love popcorn
  73. I want to be a better mormon but feel unmotivated
  74. I learned to snowboard as an adult
  75. I have asthma
  76. I walk to work
  77. I like walking past flower stands and breathing deeply
  78. one of my favorite memories from high school was a snow day
  79. I have been scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef
  80. I fear I've lived alone too long to easily adapt to marriage
  81. I have terrible handwriting
  82. my family moved a lot when I was young (4 elementary schools, 3 junior high schools and 1 high school)
  83. If I have children, I will strive to be like my parents
  84. my mother is my best friend
  85. I have the greatest siblings I could ever ask for
  86. I was a daddy's girl - I went to most of my dad's orchestra rehearsals and concerts starting at age 6, I loved going to work with my dad on Saturdays and I loved watching sports with my dad
  87. I am jealous of my sister's hair - color, texture, all of it
  88. I love sappy, romantic movies
  89. It takes a long time for me to let people in
  90. I hire someone to clean my apartment
  91. I haven't had so much as a flicker of twitterpation in years
  92. I am bad at memorization
  93. but I have a very accurate memory for dates - especially inconsequential ones, or the ones best not remembered
  94. I wish I kept up my French
  95. I want to learn Spanish
  96. A full moon with an open expanse of star-peppered sky always grabs my attention and inspires me
  97. I think holding hands is the most tender romantic gesture
  98. I wish I received more phone calls
  99. I love deep, insightful conversations with friends
  100. I strive to be my most authentic self as much as possible

3 comments:

tiff said...

Oh, I'm so glad you found time to do this! I loved learning more about you. I think you're such a wonderful person, and wish we lived closer and could hang out.

But you forgot number #101: I am one hell of a baker.

mickey said...

Alyssa that was awesome, I loved learning more about you too! Was that snow day the one where we all dressed in snow pants and went to Flat Iron Mesa Park? I remember it well and it was so much fun! I didn't know you have someone clean your apartment, that's gotta be nice. Thanks for sharing, I am workning on my list and I hope it's half as interesting as yours. Funny how you woinder if you can come up with interesting facts about yourself. Hum, we'll see.

pepper said...

Love the list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails